Friday 30 December 2022

2022 Round Up

 So, the year is ending, and I thought I'd attempt some kind of summary of this year's painting. It's actually been quite a good year in painting terms: I started this blog to get better at model-making, and in 2022 I attempted quite a lot of new stuff and tried things that I normally wouldn't have attempted - in particular, fine detail and colour blending. Overall, I'm pleased with the results. These are the (comparative) highlights.


Chaos

I made a few Chaos marines this year, but my favourite Chaos thing has to be this converted armiger.




Terrain

I made some more fantasy terrain, although I've probably got quite enough by now. Tableton got a new blacksmith's forge:




And this sinister chap holding up a banner:



A big tall house:


And a clock tower:





Durgin Paint Forge

I only made a couple of models from this manufacturer, but I'm really pleased with them. Hopefully they'll join a Napoleonic-fantasy warband (at some point).






Oldhammer Eldar

The big project this year has been to paint up a force of old-school Eldar, using a lot of 1990s Jes Goodwin models. I went in at the deep end for some reason, with a squad of harlequins:




Other squads followed, including these guys:










And some very old dreadnoughts. I'm particularly fond of these models.








I also did a pair of converted skimmers. They were originally Dark Eldar models, but they've clearly repented their evil ways and joined the good guys again.






So that's it! Who knows what the new year will yield? Actually, I've got quite a good idea as one of my ever-growing list of New Year's Resolutions is to buy less miniatures and to paint the stuff that I've got. Wish me luck with that.

Happy New Year everyone!



2 comments:

  1. I like your Eldar dreadnoughts a lot. Happy New Year! All the best, Karl

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Karl! I'm a big fan of the old models and they were surprisingly easy to paint. I hope to do more of them! Happy New Year to you too!

      Delete