Tuesday 8 November 2022

Wraithguard Test Model

 This is a test model for a squad of Eldar wraithguard, small dreadnought-type things with big guns. The models I've got are metal, because I owned a couple anyhow, and they were going cheap. I remember buying one of these chaps in a blister pack sometime in the late 1990s. It cost £8, which was then an outrageous amount of cash (probably about £12 now, which still seems pretty darn steep). 

I went with the standard army colours of blue with red detailing. I think there might be a bit too much red. I'm also not that keen on the beige loincloth, which feels a bit grimy and was quite hard to shade. I do like the head, though: the particular green and blue I've got seem quite easy to blend together.



Not my most exciting post!


4 comments:

  1. I think you passed the test! Now go paint some more!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like it! The red works really well! If I'd suggest anything maybe add something to the cloth. Not much just a line or pattern to give it a little more pop since it's so long.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, that's a good idea. I agree the cloth does look a bit bland. I may have to resort to freehand, which is a bit daunting...

      Delete