Friday 29 July 2022

Random Fantasy Guys

 Just a quick post, as I continue to wrestle with the lightbox. Here are a couple of models I made for Frostheim.

The guy on the left is another of those "everything in the bits box" conversions. His body is a skaven plague monk, minus the feet and tail. His head was in the skeleton regiment, and his arms come from the excellent Frostgrave female wizards set. His feet were left over from a conversion of a Warlord Games Antares model. I have no idea what the conversion was!

He looks like something out of Viking legend, somehow. 





The woman on the right is another conversion I did ages ago. She's got a head from the female wizards set, and arms and a body from the male soldiers set. For reasons lost to time, her lower legs come from a Privateer Press model which I hacked up for Necromunda. Why? Again, I don't know. 

It's hard to see, but her face has come out really well, for me. I do think my painting is getting a bit better, but it's a slow process!

So that's the end of our special "inexplicable leg swap" edition. Next time, old school eldar.

2 comments:

  1. Great conversions! Always fun to use up old leftover parts. I like the coloring you went with. Particularly the archer and the helmet effects on the "viking".

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it's satisfying to finally use all the random bits! The archer is meant to fit in with the rest of the Mordheim/Frostgrave warband. I wanted quite a colourful look to contrast with the undead and skaven.

      Delete