Tuesday 2 August 2022

Eldar Test Models

 As threatened, I've stripped some very old Eldar models and given them a new paint job. I was recently bought a box of Eldar guardians, who have a certain spindly charm, and it seemed a good time to revisit the other space pixies. Some while ago, I painted some Privateer Press Scyrah elves, which have a slightly Eldarish feel, so it seemed good to add to them.

First up, here's a test model for the guardians. He's got a high elf head, for a bit of variety. I quite like the colour scheme, although it does make him look a bit like a superhero.





And here are some really old models. One of the first bits of 40k I ever saw was a battle report between the Blood Angels and the Alaitoc Eldar. The two armies were really bright and appealing. Among the Eldar were some rather garish mounted guns. Here are some gunners:



I really like these guys. The bloke wearing what seems to be an armoured swimsuit and carrying a lunchbox, and the chap in a Wild West coat and some kind of bio-mechanical periscope are pure Rogue Trader. They've got a certain goofy charm.

On which subject, here's the other lunchbox twin and a robot. The robot is actually an old Epic-scale Eldar knight titan, but I think it would work well as an extra guardian or maybe even a wrathguard.



And here is the field gun itself. It's actually a plasma cannon - I'm not even sure Eldar still have those - and it's from a bunch of models that I bought when I was 14. There's a subtle fade on the gun-shield, but it might be so subtle as to be invisible!



More Eldar to follow, I think!


4 comments:

  1. Welcome to the Summer of Eldar! Absolutely love the colors. The blue with the red helmets works so well. They are fantastic, even if they are headed to a lunch break.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks - I'm now painting a dreadnought and trying out the scheme on a bigger scale. It's nice to try new colours.

      Delete
  2. Wow, I love them all. Really nice palette and great job on these!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers - I've got a whole load more to do now!

      Delete