Thursday 28 April 2022

Mordheim/Frostgrave Odds And Ends

 A few more random Mordheim/Frostgrave bits and bobs. I decided to paint some of the old stuff knocking around in various boxes. None of it filled me with wild enthusiasm, but I thought it might be the kind of thing that proves useful in fantasy games.

First we've got a couple of piles of bones. I bought a plastic troll off ebay recently: it was from an old  Warhammer boxed set called Battle of Skull Valley or the like, and the seller sent me a few extra bits with it. They included two bone piles. I assume they're some kind of objective markers. The skulls would seem to be from trolls, as they're the right shape and size. I accidentally spilled some glue into one of the eye sockets, so I painted it to look like an eyeball. They're not very exciting, but I like the models and I'm quite pleased with the painting.



Next up on this thrilling tour of the underworld are four plastic rats. They came with a truly ancient plastic set of swarms, in which you got snotlings, rats, bats and spiders. I cut them off their lumpy bases and stuck them onto some Renedra bases, which make them fit with my skaven. They're not amazing miniatures, but they'll do the job. Their skin was painted in the red undercoat style, for maximum unwholesomeness.




The quality now gets worse, because we're in Reaper Bones territory. The rest of the models came with the first ever Bones Kickstarter, so feel free to look away now. I painted two piles of spiders (lovely) and two giant spiders. Frankly, the spiders look as if they fell out of a Christmas cracker, but what the heck. I did what I could. Actually, I probably could have done more, but it's hard to be inspired by models you don't like.



That's it for now. I've got some more skaven to paint, some human adventurers, and a pair of bonkers vehicles, which will be fun. 




4 comments:

  1. Well, I like them, even the spiders! The vibrant red colour suits them and make them look menacing. Cool job all over!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks - I'm glad I painted them, and maybe they'll be useful. I wondered about black for the spider, but it looked much too drab.

      Delete
  2. I agree with Suber! Great stuff for your games, and I like the red spiders.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Hobbs - everyone needs giant rats and oversized insects!

      Delete