Saturday 7 May 2022

Mordheim Skaven

 Time for some more Mordheim models. I found a metal skaven with fighting claws in the bits box, as well as a plastic gutter runner swinging a flail. The metal model is really good, full of cool details like the little rat perched on the skaven's shoulder. The gutter runner is nice too, once you get used to the slightly odd proportions of the model. It's from an old plastic multi-pose set.




I also dug out the metal Ikit Claw model (without backpack) which I painted up a while ago as the leader of the skaven warband. I put a bit more detail on him and tidied him up.




Finally, I started work on a skaven sling-wielder. I'd run out of lower legs, so I sculpted some filthy robes out of green stuff. I've got a few heads and sets of arms left over, so I've ordered a few plague monk bodies (they were cheap) from ebay to finish them off.




I'm currently cleaning my little town, and I thought it would be a good opportunity to get a picture of the skaven in action.






4 comments:

  1. When I saw the blog header I was like "Oh, wow, what a pic!" Fantastic job all over!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks - I was quite pleased with that picture!

      Delete
  2. A great bunch of rats! I'm excited to see the finished skirt model. I love how you ran out of legs... so you just make your own. Brilliant.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It seemed a shame to let them go to waste! Cheers Hobbs!

    ReplyDelete