Monday 4 April 2022

Harlequins, Yet Again

 Here are two more harlequins, bringing the unit up to eight models. As with the others, these two are unconverted, and come from the very old metal range. The detail on them is pretty amazing. 

They're fairly slow models to paint, partly because of all the fiddly details, and partly because I have to come up with new and suitably garish paint schemes for each model. Still, I like them. It's nice to paint something with no real concessions to feasibility (not that Warhammer has a lot of that). 



Time for another group shot:




In other news, my friend Mark dropped around last weekend and I played my first proper game in two years - well, against someone other than myself. We had a got at Warcry, which was fun. It's fairly simple once you figure out the core mechanic. The models are very detailed and well-sculpted, but the potential for converting them is pretty limited. Gone are the Mordheim days of sticking together a bunch of random heads, legs, bodies and arms. This seems to be a trend with GW: Kill Team and Necromunda seem to work much the same way.

Oh well. I'm now tempted to buy a warband for it, but I've got plenty to be getting on with. Death Jesters, jetbikes, and two "small" Imperial knights as well...

4 comments:

  1. More great work on these Quinn's! I'm still amazed at the detail you work into them. Love the colors you worked into them!

    I've read a lot about Warcry... and if I wasn't so into Scifi I'd try it out. But I'm with you - I miss those old days of random bits together to build custom teams. I'm looking harder into other ranges to help scratch that itch.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks - I put the detail down to going slowly, correcting my mistakes and using a very small brush. I've used about 6 bright colours and just tried to paint them in different combinations.

    Warcry seems quite good. I would almost prefer it if the miniatures were worse - then there would be more an excuse to cut them up! It might be worth looking at Frostgrave and Stargrave, for that kind of converting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm trying to get together a game of Stargrave! Working on a second crew to better entice friends now. It's exactly that kind of game.

      Delete
  3. Cool as the previous Harlequins, I like their overall aspect, fantastic troupe.
    I haven't tried Warcry, my only take on these modern games has been Shadespire, which is fun, but I think it has more or less the same pros and cons you say about Warcry

    ReplyDelete