Tuesday 13 September 2022

Striking Scorpions

 Here are a few Eldar Striking Scorpion aspect warriors. They're the old 90s sculpts - the first aspect warrior models. I think they were sculpted by Jes Goodwin. I think they're great miniatures. Despite the restrictions of the time, they have a nice sense of pose and movement. They're not as gymnastic as the Howling Banshees or Harlequins, but they've got heavier armour and they look as if they'd be pretty tough in a fight.

Whilst I went for the standard green, I tried to tie them back into the rest of the army with their faces, bases and blue holsters. I was worried that they'd be fiddly to paint, but actually they were fairly easy. Using a simple colour scheme helped, as did the various ridges on their armour. You might have noticed that I have three of the same model. That's because they were going cheap on ebay. Sadly, my camera is too rubbish to let me get a decent picture of all five together.





6 comments:

  1. I spotted them on Instagram yesterday!

    Lovely work on the Eldar!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, they were very enjoyable models!

      Delete
  2. I think they are lovely, they work perfectly in that scheme, and they totally fit in your army. So cool!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! It's hard to go wrong with such nice models!

      Delete
  3. I agree, very fun models. Love the colors and shading. The bases are really cool too. Great work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers! The bases come from a game called Battle for Alabaster that was going incredibly cheaply on Ebay (the models from it aren't bad either - it's worth a look). I'm running low so I'm having to look for alternatives! I really like these old sculpts: the balance between detail and ease of painting is very good, and for their age they've got good poses.

      Delete