Friday 2 September 2022

Another Eldar Dreadnought

 A couple of days ago I headed to the local gaming shop to get some more of the paint I'm using on the Eldar project (Army Painter Wolf Grey, in case you're wondering). On the way I was thinking about the good old days of miniature painting, where you went into a shop with £5 and bought a blister pack of... well, something interesting, really. 

And then I found something interesting! The shop was getting rid of some old stock, and I found (for a fiver, no less!) a pack of seven models from a game called Dark Age, based on the pictures of an artist called Bron. The group I found were called something like "The minions of Mark", and looked rather like chaos cultists with electrical weapons. They'll be interesting to paint. Nice to see that you can still stumble upon things like that.

*

Anyhow, I've painted up a second Eldar dreadnought/wraithlord. It's another ancient one from the days of the blue Citadel catalogue. Once again, the mystic space elves have decided to field a big robot to punch their enemies. This one has slightly different arms, and I posed the legs a little differently to make it look as if he was going for a stroll. I went for much the same colour scheme, although I blended the canopy from green to blue rather than blue to green. I'm really pleased with the blending.





Now the other dreadnought has a friend. I've got the bits to make a third dreadnought, which would have some more modern parts from the mid-90s, when GW bulked up the arms and the exhausts. But that's for another time!






4 comments:

  1. As with the previous one, the colour transitions on the canopy (and the rest) are witchcraft to me. Wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! The only way I can do shading is to do it all in one go. Otherwise it's basically fluke!

      Delete
  2. Love it! Wonderful shading on that helmet!

    ReplyDelete