Sunday 11 August 2019

Birdbox House

Every so often, I go down to the local art shop. It's the nearest place that stocks plasticard, and there are usually some odds and ends that I can pick up and use to make terrain. In the past, I've bought papier mache treasure chests from them and used them as the basis for Mordheim/Frostgrave houses.

Last time I was there, I found a small wooden bird-box. I don't think it was meant to really house birds, just to be decorated. It only cost a few pounds, and I thought that it would make a good basis for a Warhammer-type building.


I gave it a dormer window made of plasticard, and used coffee stirrers and dowel to make the timbered bits on the outside. The door came from the Mantic doors set, and the window was made from a lipped Warmachine base. The roofing slates are just card.


Finally, the house got a chimney left over from an old GW kit. The tall chimney exaggerates the narrow, spindly quality of the rest of the house.


On balance, it might be slightly too twee and pretty for the style that I'm going for. But I like it a lot, and it will fit in nicely with the other houses that I've made.

No comments:

Post a Comment