Saturday 27 July 2024

More Orks and bonus random space people

 A while ago, I made some Bad Moon space orks. I promised to make some more. Well, here they are, along with a few other random space geezers.


This guy is some sort of mek. He's got an awesome hammer and an apron full of tools. I love the details on some of these sculpts.


This chap has a heavy weapon. The gun is actually a plastic bit from an otherwise ropey sprue of Mantic orks. I don't know why, but I seem to have two copies of the ork (but not his gun). I don't know what I'll do with the other one. I have a vague feeling that the ork himself is seriously old.



Third up is a metal Bad Moon ork with a ridiculous hat. I gave him checked trousers for no good reason. Perhaps he stole them off a chef. Given that this little warband is essentially a gang of pirates, perhaps he is the ship's cook.




*

And here's a few bonus weirdos. This first chap is unusual because my friend Owen did most of the converting work on him about 30 years ago. The upper body and left arm are from a Krymech model (yes, it's that old), and the head and right arm are an old plastic Imperial Guard bits. I finished the conversion off by adding legs from a Bolt Action Russian soldier, and a walking stick made from a bit of plastic spear. My top tip here is to drill through the base from underneath and push the stick through from below. Otherwise it gets a bit fiddly. The letters on this chap's chestplate are supposed to say "SWAT", but it was very hard to pick them out, so they look more like either TWAT or SWOT, which isn't good.






Here's an unconverted Krymech trooper. He's rather spindly. He'd made quite a good model for someone in heavy armour that isn't based on a space marine.




And here's a weird person who might be a robot. This one of those conversions where the bits came from different places but felt as if they went together. The arms and legs were from Skitarri soldiers, the chest was from a Tau tank driver, and the head came from some kind of Age of Sigmar Sigmarine person. I think the great big topknot was originally from a chaos cultist of some sort.

Anyhow, I tried to paint this guy in a dramatic colour scheme, vaguely inspired by matadors (hence much red). I really like the fading effect on the hair: I'm now tempted to do this on an entire model.




And that's me done for now!


2 comments:

  1. Wow, everything's splendid! I love the Orks and I think you made a great job on them. But then the conversions and kitbashing got my eye and I have to say that everything looks magnificent. The last one is simply awesome in this white/red scheme. Lovely work!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Making weird little people out of random bits is one of the best things about this hobby.

      Delete