Thursday 25 April 2024

Two Robots and a Stargrave Bloke

 Here are a few more random models that I painted for some kind of Stargrave/futuristic side.

I've had this robot in my bits box for ages. It came with a load of other stuff, and has always been missing its arms. Given the vaguely manga styling, I wondered if it was an Infinity model. Anyhow, I gave it some new arms from two leftover GW Taurox guns.

I tried to paint it as if light was shining down from above, catching on certain bits of the casing. I don't think that worked perfectly, but I quite like the effect. Unfortunately, I can't work out how to improve it. I also tried to do a bit of a glowing effect on the round bits on its guns, but that hasn't come out quite right. 





Here is a less slick robot that ended up looking a bit like WALL-E. It's mainly a tracked unit made by Ramshackle Games. The eyes and "ears" are from GW tank accessories. I like the shading on the sides.





And here's a bloke. I've no idea who made this model. He looks wholly under-equipped for the future, at least the future with robots and aliens. I painted a rip in his jeans for added battered-ness. He was a fun model to paint, although I can't see him surviving very long!




5 comments:

  1. Nice work as always. Using the Taurox guns in such a way as to not murder the contents of the vehicle when they get out is a great idea.

    That last guy sort of looks like the Urban war militia [yes, < href="https://www.shop.scotiagrendel.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=217_218_60_76&products_id=3038">here]

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. stupid HTML tags (or the user) here

      Delete
    2. Ah, that's where he's from! Thanks - he seemed very slightly familiar, but I got him with some other stuff so he was a bit of a mystery.

      Delete
  2. Oh, wow, the kitbashing here is awesome! I particularly love the not-Wall-e, but everything is great! Nice idea spotting those bits and repurposing them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I'm glad to have found a use for all these bits!

      Delete