Tuesday 9 April 2024

More Space Marines!

 I was looking in the bits box recently and discovered that I've got a load of unpainted space marines, most of them metal. I really ought to paint more of the stuff I've got before I forget that I've got it.

Here are four marines - more accurately, three marines and one marine-shaped ork tinboy. The tinboys were primitive robots that the orks made as caricatures of their enemies, back in 2nd edition 40k (or possibly even earlier than that). I didn't have an ork army back then, and I suspect that I bought them just for sheer silliness value. 

This is Sir Vile the Minion and Sir Spicious the Questionable. Sir Vile was made from a range of plastic parts: he's got a Space Wolf gun, a Mordheim belt buckle and a head from a Bretonnian man at arms. I think it fits the concept quite well.

Sir Spicious is an unconverted ork tinboy model. His left shoulder pad bears his "personal heraldry".







These two are a bit more sensible: Sir Tanty the Absolute and Sir Plus de Requirements.

Sir Tanty was based on one of the "masters of the chapter" that I bought incomplete off ebay a while ago. I added his head and gun. He took quite a long time to paint, but I'm pleased with the way he's come out, especially his face (although he does look quite surprised to be having his picture taken).

Sir Plus was converted by someone else when I bought it. I tidied the conversion up and finished it off before painting it. It's a good conversion, and it took me ages to work out that the base model was an old metal Ultramarines Chaplain Cassius. I never much liked the Cassius model, with its weird skull head, and this is definitely an improvement. He does look slightly as if he's dancing, but maybe he's just acting up for the camera.


No comments:

Post a Comment