Monday 22 April 2024

More Ugly Models

It's time for some more terrible models! I've been painting some more of the legendarily ropey plastic genestealer hybrids from the Space Hulk add-on Deathwing. After putting one together last week, it occurred to me that they looked quite like ork/genestealer hybrids, not stealers mixed with human DNA. The bulky bodies and hunched pose makes me think of orks rather than people.

Which led to me putting some ork arms on a stealer hybrid body, and finding that they fitted quite well.



I'm not going to pretend that this looks perfect, but it's a lot better than the alternative. I only used a little green stuff to get the arms to fit, and they at least look like they ought to be there. I used a drab green as the basis for the skin, highlighting up with pink after a purple ink wash (the same purple I used for the purestrains).

Emboldened by this, I had a go at another.




I've got to admit, I quite like this guy! Here are all three of the Ugly Brothers, about to let the side down.






Could be worse!


6 comments:

  1. You are a genius! Your kitbashing and paintjob makes much more sense, I think you found the key to these hybrids!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers! I do enjoy trying to rescue dodgy miniatures!

      Delete
  2. This is fantastic! Love how they came out; and I'll totally be stealing this idea. My lone metal ork/stealer hybrid will finally have a brood to hang out with!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks very much! Is it the really old freebooter one, from the blue catalogue? I've got that guy and I'm looking forward to painting him!

      Delete
    2. Yes! I got him in a lot of figures off ebay. There were some gem's in there including a bunch of second edition plague marines... but I think that guy was the biggest surprise. I couldn't tell that's what it was from the bad pictures (which is likely why I won it).

      Delete
    3. Nice find! I think the ork must be quite rare, as I've seen people try to sell that ork off for £90 on ebay - not sure if they succeeded, though... 2nd Ed plague marines are cool too.

      Delete