Friday 1 September 2023

More Stargrave Guys

 Here are some more Stargrave guys. On each sprue you get a huge amount of spare bits and pieces. I decided to continue combining these with random WW2 miniatures to make space people. I mean, it worked for the guys who made Star Wars, after all.

I wanted to make a female model, but I found that the Stargrave survivor bodies are a bit too hefty. So, I used a Bolt Action WW2 plastic US marine, who was slighter. He seemed to have rolled-up trousers like the shorter trousers some women wear (are they called pedal pushers?). The head came from the Frostgrave female wizards, and the arms and backpack were from the Stargrave survivors. The arms required a little trimming and green stuff to fit, but it all came together quite well.

The bloke on the right is a psychic, made purely from the Stargrave scavenger sprue. His left arm is meant to be used by a space zombie, but I think it looks as if he is holding it out to cast some kind of spell. His hood and long coat give him a Jedi-type feel.




The chap on the left is entirely made of bits from the Stargrave scavenger sprue, except for his head, which is from the Frostgrave soldiers kit. He's got a bit of an old sea-dog feel, which I rather like. 

The other guy started off as the spotter for some kind of WW2 radio team. He was a metal model and seemed very small. I took off his head and right arm, and gave him one of the alien heads from the survivor sprue. I really like the way that his hand (which was originally shielding his eyes) is now adjusting his visor. The right arm was from the survivors. 



 On the left is a model made from Bolt Action WW2 pieces and a Frostgrave wizard head. I really like her expression.

The little bulldog-man on the right is a Hasslefree model that I've had knocking around for ages. I thought he would look good in this crew.




Here's a group shot:



As a bonus, here are some androids made from the Stargrave Mercenaries and Scavenger bits, inspired by the Working Joe robots from the Alien computer games.



More to follow!


*


If you like Mordheim or Assassin's Creed, check out my Dark Renaissance novels HERE


4 comments:

  1. That's a great looking crew, with an excellent use of parts. The dog man may still be my favorite, just because he has that badass look to him. Really dig the androids too! Great idea for some security guards or a bunch of villain's.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers - I really like these North Star boxes of models. They're quite old school but making random people is fun, and you can get some real variety out of them. And they're cheap!

      Delete
  2. What an awesome display of minis! You are making the most of this box and I have to admit it has quite more options than I expected. Pretty cool job!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! The box comes with a lot of extra bits and they combine very well with other Stargrave stuff and pretty well with many other models. Definitely recommended!

      Delete