Sunday 8 January 2023

Back to the Marines

 Right then, back to the huge pile of unpainted lead! 

I've realised that I have a tendency to get into a project, then buy a huge heap of models for that project and only paint about half of them before moving onto a different idea. In my current efforts to buy less models, I'm hoping to go back to some of those abandoned miniatures and sort them out.

So, here are some more space marines.

First up, we've got a couple of veteran marines. They're both metal, with one plastic arm each. I think some of these fairly late normal-scale metal miniatures were superb. The detail is excellent.




The next model was in a job lot of models that I bought a while ago. They were all broken and missing bits. This chap is resin and definitely not a Games Workshop model. I suspect he's from Puppetswar or a similar third party company. He's got a very Dark Angels/Black Templar feel. Well, he's now joined the Shining Knights of Space or whatever I'm calling these guys. Lucky him.




He's a slightly weird size, in that he's a bit bigger than the usual GW marines, but not large enough to be anything else. He doesn't have a backpack, as there's an odd turbine-type device sculpted into his armour. Anyway, he'll fit in.

And last up are two more metal scouts. I do like these models. They remind me of the Colonial Marines from Aliens. I gave them both slightly unusual skin colours, for variety: the chap on the left has darker skin, and the guy on the right was shaded with chestnut ink instead of Strong Tone. As tends to happen, the camera has washed out most of the detail. Damn.



4 comments:

  1. Lovely. I have a soft spor for those metal veterans, so I love your take on them. The other one I think may be from Scibor? NIce job definitely too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers - Scibor seems quite likely. I like the idea of marines looking quite like between Bretonnian knights - a cheerful version of Black Templars. The metal veterans fit that quite well. Thanks!

      Delete
  2. They look great! Glad to see you jumping back to the marines. They are a fun project. You'll have to give ups an army shot when you are complete!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Unfortunately my camera setup is too rubbish for a decent army photo, but I'm glad to be doing a few marines. I've still got loads of Eldar to do, and some old-school tyranids, too!

      Delete