Saturday 29 October 2022

Orktober!

 Just a quick one. It is, apparently, Orctober, which means it's time to paint an orc. I dug out this old model, which I made ages ago. 




It's not actually intended to be an ork: the main body was a Ramshackle Games cyborg bloke. I sculpted an ork head over the original one with green stuff and added some skulls from a lizardmen set.

I decided to give him a repaint and a bit more detail. He got a lot of weathering, including some weathering powder on his metal bits.



It'll probably turn out that we've stopped doing Orktober, and now it's Octogre. Oh well!

4 comments:

  1. Oh, that's quite an interesting model. I do like the reinterpretation you made of the Ramshackle mini, now it looks so obviously an Ork that you can't see any other thing there!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad it works! It's not an amazing miniature - I think Ramshackle's vehicles are better than their people - and it's pretty old. But the chunky, battered look does lend itself to orks!

      Delete
  2. It's so orkish I wouldn't have thought it started as anything else! Great work. Love the details like that ultra marines banner for a skirt? Trophy?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I suspect his legs are a bit long for an ork but it's hard to tell and they're probably bionic. I reckon he stole the banner and is now using it to hide his orky gubbins!

      Delete