Monday 7 February 2022

I've Got A Book Coming Out!

 Painting miniatures isn't my first hobby: I also write books. I've written a novel for Black Library about the Catachan hero Colonel Straken (it's called Straken, handily enough), and six comedy novels about Space Captain Smith, an enthusiastic and very British space explorer. There's also two self-published fantasy novels, about murder and intrigue in a magical version of the Renaissance, called Up To The Throne and Blood Under Water. All of them can be found HERE, or at all good bookshops. The bad bookshops probably also stock them.

Anyhow, I'm going to self-publish another novel in the next month or so. Here's the cover, as created by Claire of  Autumn Sky designs:




What's it about? Well, it goes like this:


Helen Frampton is one of a kind: built for childcare, refitted for sabotage and assassination, she’s one of the Secret Service’s greatest assets. But androids cost a lot to maintain, especially now that the Galactic War is over. Helen needs to prove her worth or die by a thousand budget cuts.

Richard Cleaver has problems of his own: shot, blown up and left for dead after his last mission went wrong, he’s now being hunted by deadly gangsters and a renegade artificial intelligence. Worst of all, he can’t remember past last Thursday.

Together, Richard and Helen must travel to the edge of known space. Only there can they find the keys to unlock Cleaver’s memory and the vault where the galaxy’s most vicious criminal stashed his loot. But their enemies are close behind…


Not long now!

6 comments:

  1. Exciting!

    I'll have to take a peek once its available! We still regularly sell Space Captain Smith at work as it's such a fun series!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to hear it! I'll let you know when it's out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, give us a heads up when you release this :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'll definitely be announcing it here (and everywhere else I can think of)!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I had no idea you were an author! Congrats on the new work, and I look forward to the release day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks - it's the other hobby! It's been a while since I put anything out but I'll let you know when it's available!

    ReplyDelete