Friday 9 February 2018

Pictures from the Barbican

Recently, I went to a corporate event at the Barbican, in London. In case this makes me sound impressive, I should point out that, as far as the world of big business goes, I am more Winston Smith than Gordon Gecko. Anyhow, after learning about AI (in short, it's a rubbish film), I got the chance to take some pictures of the venue with my phone camera.

(Warning: arty talk to follow)

The Barbican has a large internal garden, protected by a massive conservatory-type roof. Here are a couple of shots.



What I find interesting about this is how overgrown it looks, and how the human elements seem to be getting swallowed up by the plants. You could make a terrific gaming table like this - although you'd still have to fit the miniatures in there somehow.

This picture looks like something from The Last of Us, where deserted cities have become overrun by vegetation.





The next two pictures struck me as interesting because of the industrial details. I could imagine them making good Necromunda terrain. Although the hive is supposed to be polluted and foul, it's probably more mutated than dead. I expect there is some pretty weird plant life down there. I particularly like the inevitable warning sign.


Nice pipes!



These last two pictures are of the inside of the Barbican. I thought they would make rather good (and oppressive) corridors. I could imagine one of the more impressive ministries in 1984 looking like this - except less clean.


Like having the city in a birdcage!

Anyhow, more miniatures shortly.

No comments:

Post a Comment