Thursday 4 May 2023

Scouting For Eldar

 Here are a few more Eldar scouts. After finishing the test model, I decided to do some more scouts in the same style. I did wonder about trying to put some stripes on the coats or shading the green into an entirely different colour, but I like the green so much, I didn't want to risk messing it up.

I made bases out of varying thicknesses of plasticard, with green stuff to hide my mistakes. I wanted the scouts to have bases that were part grass and part artificial flooring, as if they were exploring ruins. One of the scouts was missing a left arm, so I gave him an arm left over from a Dark Eldar. I put another scout on a slanted rock, as otherwise he was in a strange position, pointing his gun towards the ground. I suspect he's meant to be mounted on a raised scenic base.






While I think I've made a decent job of painting these guys (the models are really nice), I think I've been lucky in choosing a shade of green that looks vibrant and exciting. There will be more!

6 comments:

  1. Looking good - some of my all-time favourite figures. The bases are very effective, especially the slanted one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I really like the conversions you did with your scout unit. I'm glad the bases work - the guy with the visor really needed lifting up.

      Delete
  2. More scouts is always good! (and that green is quite nice)

    I have a similar basing scheme, which combines ruined city with grasses so that the figures can be anywhere (and in the grim dark future ruined cities would likely be everywhere)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! You're right - wherever you go in the 40k world, there are probably ruins to fight over!

      Delete
  3. Just as you said, the minis are great and that always helps, but your colour combo makes them look fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers! I'm really pleased with the green. It's pretty much luck that I chose it!

      Delete