Sunday 28 May 2023

Even More Tiny Harlequins

 I'm approaching the end of my harlequin-painting spree. I'm on the last few models of 20 now. It's interesting to look back at them all, as the painting has got increasingly complex as I've gone on - not least because I've had to keep coming up with new painting schemes.

Anyhow, here are two more. The model on the left was missing its original (rather short) chainsword, so I added an old plastic Eldar one. It's the only chainsword in the unit, so I decided to paint it in a shiny colour, perhaps to act as a sort of standard. I did want to paint checks all the way to the model's feet, but the folds in the cloth and some odd cut-out bits defeated me. 

The model on the right is a solitaire, a character who fights alone. I had originally planned to give him a darker, more sombre colour scheme, but that plan did not survive contact with the enemy (ie me). I originally painted him with a yellow head, but it made him look too much like a boiled egg. Even harlequins have limits.




I've really enjoyed this particular trip into Oldhammer. Only two more to go, and they're both characters!

Meanwhile, here is an entirely normal scene from 1990s Oldhammer land:







6 comments:

  1. Hahaha, I love that 'even Harlequins have limits'. Amazing job, and I have to say I'm in love with that last pic!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! It's actually surprisingly hard to choose the colours for the harlequins - it's got to be garish, but not too garish. It's quite nice having two groups of really old miniatures!

      Delete
  2. Amazing all the colors you get on these guys. Absolutely love them!

    ReplyDelete