Sunday 24 March 2019

The Happy Swamp Monster

This has been another week of bits and pieces. The first model I painted was some sort of swamp-monster, perhaps a lizardman or crocodile. I was given it by a friend about 10 years ago, and it was caked in paint back then. I was able to get the paint off through the miracle of Dettol, and mounted it on a 40k bike base. It's a single lump of lead.


I rather like this guy. He looks so happy! Purely by chance, someone told me that he is a Grenadier Games miniature, from a long time ago. I think he could be good to terrorise the lead villagers, who probably date from about the same time.


For once, that crappy shiny "non-shiny" protective varnish from Army Painter has worked in the model's favour.

Secondly, here are a few more cultists for the genestealer horde. They're actually old metal Redemptionists from Necromunda, but a robe's a robe. Besides, it's probably a pretty small sideways step from "killing everything for our weird emperor who sits on a metal throne" to "killing everything for our weird patriarch who squats on a metal pipe".


Sadly, the crappy protective spray has not been kind to these guys, so we'll just have to pretend that their robes are made out of silk. And their guns. And their skin.

3 comments:

  1. I love it! Veeeeeery old school and now with the great paintjob it deserves!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Probably the oldest model I've got! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Get some cheap Testors Satin or Dull coat. You can respray the shiny Necromunda meanies with them.

    Looking good.

    ReplyDelete