Tuesday 20 August 2024

Great Big Scratch-Built Ork Robot Walker Thing!








 Once again, I've been looking at an old model and trying to make it a bit more modern. Ages ago, I made a scratch-built ork walker out of bits and pieces. Its body was based on a broken AT-AT model, with random Zoid parts and bits of 40k scenery. Detailing was also added with bits from a very cheap German tank that I bought years ago from a model shop. The legs were two thrusters from Tau tanks!

I thought it would be nice to give it a few more details and improve its painting a little (and to brush off some of the dust that had accumulated on it, too!). 


As you can see, it's quite large. 








It has a big gun made partly from a chimney and the top of a pen. I'm pleased with the discolouration on the barrel and the blue plasma bits below the... other bits.



Less interesting rear views:





So that's the main robot done! I have ordered some resin rockets to mount on his shoulders, but I don't want to break up the silhouette, which I think works quite well. I could add some more detailing - is a model like this ever finished? - but for now I'm taking a break. Rargh!


2 comments:

  1. I love it so much! Creative as hell and with a perfect execution. But now that you are on this road, I guess now you'll need Stompas, or even maybe a Gargant...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well I consider you something of an expert in this area, after that massive yellow machine you made....Thanks, it was surprisingly entertaining to cover this thing in little details. The rockets have arrived, so I suppose I ought to get on with that too!

      Delete