Monday 22 January 2024

Dragon Knight 3

 And here's a third Exodite dragon knight! I slightly cheated here: this rider has dismounted in order to take a difficult shot, and to give me a rest from hacking up metal. The model is just an old metal Eldar scout (such good miniatures!) and the steed is another old Dark Elf Cold One. It didn't have a tail so I sculpted one out of green stuff, and I have to say that it's not bad. 

I added a bit of random scenery to the base, which seems to be a broken Eldar relic. For an ancient race, the Eldar don't seem to be able to make anything to last.



Here's the unit so far. 




The next model is going to require a lot of cutting. I'm bracing myself for this.

4 comments:

  1. Pretty clever idea, that dismounted bloke! I have to say I love it, but the bunch of three looks really great! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I'm liking this unit more as I make more guys for it. Not having to carve up a huge amount of metal was nice, too!

      Delete
  2. Love the idea! Paintjob is fantastic too. They really are coming together!

    ReplyDelete