Sunday 23 January 2022

Marines of Varying Importance


Here are a few more of the knightly space marines.

First up, a couple of lower-ranking "normal" marines. The guy on the right, with the bolter, was made out of a standard plastic kit with an Space Wolf head. I've tried to get a bit of medieval influence in every model, and I thought the plumed helmet would work for him.

The bloke on the left is made from a metal biker torso, which was holding the plasma gun, with plastic legs and a plastic left hand (his left!). It took a surprising amount of conversion to get his arm into this slightly mundane position. I tried to give him a bit of a glow on his plasma gun.




The next two guys are more flashy. The one on the left is a metal Black Templars sword brethren model. I cut a skull off his shield and gave him a bolt pistol, but otherwise he's unconverted.

The model on the right is made from plastic Space Wolf bits except for his head, which I think was from a tank crew model.



And now the next two. The guy on the left is a plastic marine with Grey Knights head and a more impressive gun taken off one of the Masters of the Chapter models. I didn't like the way that the gun covered up the chapter master's body, but I don't mind it covering the more mundane marine torso.

And on the left is a hero carrying a Blood Angels power axe, with a nice shoulder pad from the same set. His body was some sort of veteran. I really like the combination and the shading on the axe. He seems to be called Virtus, to judge from his chest plate - or, to judge from the shoulder pad, he (or even she!) is called Gloria...





A little while back, it was suggested that I got some group pictures of the space marine army. I have two cameras, both of which are rubbish, and both of which are particularly bad at group shots. Here is the best I could do, but be warned - these pictures are pretty crap.





2 comments:

  1. Your conversions, as usual, are really interesting. You find the right bits for the right minis, and that helps to build totally unique armies. Great work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, I never sat down to see how many you knocked out. What a great looking force! Great work on the new additions. Thanks for sharing the big pics. My wide shots aren't any better... so I don't mind them!

    ReplyDelete