Tuesday 10 January 2017

Pointless Scratchbuild Challenge Pt 3

Codsworth's Universal Perambulator allows the gentleman about town to pursue his two main interests at once: conquering other planets and looking at fine china. The main body of the Perambulator is styled around a design classic: the teacup. The operator stands proud on the observation deck as the Perambulator strides forth, with all the majesty of a maharajah on an elephant and the additional Britishness of a man with his legs in a giant cup of tea. 

The Perambulator can be powered by coal, moon-rock, navy rum or urchins. It is equipped with a pair of manipulators: sturdy enough to deal with any problems encountered en route, but short enough to prevent unnecessary discomfort when the machine inevitably malfunctions and turns upon its owner.

And now, with paint! The colour of the main body and the blue lines are meant to suggest a teacup.








I've ordered a textured resin base for this chap, partly to give him some more stability. Overall, I'm really pleased with the result - with the arguable exception of the model base I cut in half to make his feet, he's entirely built out of junk and no model kit parts were involved. That said, he's very delicate, and could have done with some pinning. Of course, that would have required me not just making it all up as I went along...

4 comments:

  1. You've really captured the "robotic tea cup" Toby :) A very difficult undertaking with the self imposed rules, but you pulled it off.

    Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loving the idea of the Perambulator and may have to steal the idea for my own project!

    I had a bit of a chuckle at the different fuel sources too!

    All the best!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loving the idea of the Perambulator and may have to steal the idea for my own project!

    I had a bit of a chuckle at the different fuel sources too!

    All the best!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks - now I think about it, it does remind me a bit of some of your pictures! I think your style must have been an influence!

    ReplyDelete