Here are some more Bretonnians. First up, here's a sorceress from the 1996 release. I like this model: it's quite simple and elegant. Unlike most female wizards, she's not sitting sidesaddle.
Second, this is a small unit of crossbowmen. Back in the day, Bretonnian infantry could take crossbows. These guys are painted in the colours of the "arblastiers de Lyons" in the Games Workshop studio army from White Dwarf 137. They're pretty decent models, for their time, and I enjoyed painting them. I worked on them in batches, and to be honest they're a bit on the rough side, but they'll do as a small unit. If I was to field them under the modern rules, which don't allow crossbows, I'd probably say that they were scouts.




Lovely work! Your army is really coming together and I can't wait to see the full force!
ReplyDeleteThanks! There's a particular picture on the back of WD 137 that I'd like to copy (although I've not got the orcs that the Brets are facing!). I'll try to get a picture sometime.
DeleteAgain I'm not impartial, I'm a devoted fan of your Bretonnian minis and this is no exception, I love what you achieved :)
ReplyDeleteThanks very much! I don't enjoy painting the infantry guys as much as the knights - batch painting isn't really my thing - but they do look nice as a group.
DeleteVery nice indeed!
ReplyDeleteThanks!
Delete