Tuesday 8 October 2024

A Few Lizardmen

 Here's another quick post. Many years ago, I had a lizardmen army for Warhammer Fantasy Battle (I still do have it, packed away in various boxes and drawers). I bought a ton of miniatures, but I never really finished them all. So, for no good reason, I took out a bunch of old models, put them on nice bases made of slate, and painted them jolly colours. Here they are.

This guy is an old plastic skink scout:





This is a lizardman warrior. He's not got a shield but he's unconverted. Because they had to rank up and were pretty large for their original square bases, the lizardmen are very "closed" models who hold their shields tight across their bodies, obscuring a lot of detail. which is basically why he hasn't got one.





This lizardman has a head and body from the old plastic Temple Guard. He looks as if he should be in a carnival in Rio, which I suppose is sort of accurate.




And here's another old plastic skink (the other, in fact, because there were only two poses). I painted him to resemble a poison arrow frog.



As ever, I feel that the concept of the lizardmen is slightly cooler than the miniatures. Personally, had it been me designing them, I would have made them less iguana and more old-school velociraptor. But it wasn't me.

It occurs to me that I've almost got the correct colours to have the Harmonious Convocation of Telitubbi!

1 comment:

  1. Oh, the palette, the brightness, everything is gorgeous! I agree about the iguana-like design, haha! In fact I have to admit that some of the new ranges look uneasily appealing to me, as they're going a little bit more precisely in the velociraptor mood!

    ReplyDelete