Saturday 24 October 2020

Gruk Mansmasher, Ork Warlord

 Here's the second conversion of one of the ogres from the Blood Bowl team. This guy was running forward, presumably to punt the ball. I really liked the dynamic pose, and wondered about making him into a Bioshock-style crudely-doctored mutant. But I felt a bit tired of that look and thought that he'd be good as a great big ork.

So, with some ork bits and a lot of plasticard, I made this:



And then he got some paint.


This was one of those rare moments when I thought quite carefully about the painting and converting. I didn't want to spoil the sense of forward movement, and I was careful not to make him lopsided when adding weapons and gear. When I painted him, I did the stripes on his armour to be painting towards his face, so that his tiny eyes and big mouth remain a focal point.

I think he's still got that feeling of movement:


Gruk Mansmasher is a minor ork warlord of the goff clan. He first came to prominence during a Tau-eating contest in the Agon'Va system, and later put his substantial bulk to good use when he belly-flopped the Nurgle champion Spotticus, causing him to pop. Since then, Gruk has made mincemeat of many enemies and has personally pledged to devour every pie in the Imperium.

No comments:

Post a Comment