Wednesday 17 November 2021

Missile Launcher Marines

 This week, I've made a few more marines. The guy on the left below is a marine who I'd use as a squad leader. He's entirely plastic: his legs are from the sternguard set, with a head from a Bretonnian knight. Painting the little squares on his kneecap was difficult.

The guy on the right is the first of five resin missile launcher troopers I found on Ebay. I don't normally mess with Forge World stuff, as I'm not into most of the things they make and I'm not keen on working with resin, but the price was good and the Mark III marine armour has a nice medieval feel. His very retro missile launcher got a red barrel shielding.



The next two missile launcher troopers were also resin. I gave them different decorations on their weapons: I figure that they're allowed to add personal heraldry (after you've got a missile launcher, I doubt anyone's going to argue). 

I like the red stripes. They remind me of 70s science fiction art.



I've also been doing some work on the goblin flying ship, but I'll deal with that in a separate post.



4 comments:

  1. I'm all for stripes and checkers, what a nice job on these!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks - I'm enjoying these guys much more than I'd expected to!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really love the colors and linework on these marines. They look so good with all these personal touches. Very cool stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks very much! I like the medieval bits on normal marines, but they just didn't look medieval enough! I've no idea what all this heraldry means, or who's in charge, but I like the way they look!

    ReplyDelete