Thursday 25 November 2021

Tau In Black


"Are you now, or have you ever been, a member of the Tau Empire?"

Inquisitor Yosef M'Karthus.


A while ago, I made a government operative for my force of 1950s-style Tau. I decided to make him a couple of friends. One was based on a plastic Russian Bolt Action soldier in a greatcoat, with Tau arms and head, and a hat sculpted from Green Stuff. I also did a bit of cutting of his foot, to make it more hoof-like.

The other was more fiddly, and involved the lower body of a Tau vehicle pilot, the upper half of a random plastic zombie (I've no idea who makes these) and Tau arms. The body was quite spindly, so a bit of Green Stuff was required to bulk it out. I used a head with a particularly tired, miserable expression, as suits his rather battered appearance. 




Here they are with their boss, doing something entirely legal and above-board. As ever, my camera is refusing to take a decent photo, so you'll just have to imagine that they look much better than they do.







I could see a little squad of these guys infiltrating human society in order to promote the Greater Good. Nobody would ever notice.

3 comments:

  1. Hahaha, you are my idol, this whole project is so fun and cool. Loving these!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks very much! I'm really enjoying the Tau project. The 1950s look is quite a challenge with GW stuff but I like it when it works. If only my camera wouldn't make them look so washed out, though - I spent ages on their faces!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are great! Awesome concept and a very great execution. Love the paint jobs too. I could see these ending up in a million different games!

    ReplyDelete