Monday 29 November 2021

Goblin Sky-Ship 3

 Just a quick update on the goblin flying machine. The more I do on this, the more there seems to be more to do. Oh well - at least I'm enjoying it!

I added a railing to the upper deck on the bows, by cutting two ladders from Mantic terraincrate sets and rearranging the pieces around the front of the ship. I also made a pair of runners to go on the bottom of the ship. These were made from some thin pieces of wood that I had lying around, with metal parts from blister pack plastic.

(I also moved one of the crew from a rather precarious perch on the stern to sitting on the stairs in the middle, which made more sense.)





At the weekend, I visited Warfare, a miniatures fair held at Ascot racecourse. I stopped by the Black Scorpion stall and got myself a model goblin captain for their pirate game, Cutlass. The only conversion I made to him was to trim down his bare feet and give him some hefty shoes. I always think that you can tell the seniority of a pirate by the largeness of his footwear: the most senior ones have the biggest boots. Anyhow, this chap got Georgian-type shoes and I painted his legs as if he was wearing big socks.



 Yo ho ho!

4 comments:

  1. Haha, the more you do, the more I like it!
    The cap is ace, I'm loving every bit of this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Suber 100%. This build is fantastic. Great find on that Goblin captain, he's perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, that ship looks ace! Such a cool idea!

    ReplyDelete

  4. Thanks very much! This is a slow project and I'm chipping away at it rather gradually. I'd like to make a scenic base - perhaps some rubble for it to fly over - but it's going to take ages!

    ReplyDelete