Thursday 12 October 2023

Yet Again, Stargrave People

 And now it's time for - you've guessed it - more Stargrave people! I really do think that I could do this almost forever: clipping people out of random sprues and mixing/matching them to make various sci-fi oddballs. I really like the way that you can have an idea for a character and then assemble them from bits and bobs.

Anyhow, here they are.





The chap on the far left is a Bolt Action British commando body with arms, head and extra gear from the Stargrave Scavengers box. I like how he looks like a hiker who decided to bring a rocket launcher in case rabid bears show up.

The older chap in the blue overalls has another commando body and a Bolt Action head. His arms come from the Frostgrave Soldiers box. They're slight big and clunky, but I like the way that he's carrying a bag of who-knows-what (probably roadkill) over his shoulder after a hard day's chopping with his axe.

Space lady in the centre has a Scavenger body with Trooper arms and gun. Her head is a metal head from Statuesque Miniatures. Any resemblance to any magic nanny is entirely coincidental.

The lady in red has a Perry Miniatures body: it's an Afghan tribesman. Her arms are Stargrave and her head comes from the Frostgrave female wizards set. I thought they combined to give her a slightly exotic, formal look. I reckon she's an elite palace guard from some strange feudal planet, wearing her dress uniform and carrying her fanciest (but still deadly) gun.

And finally, the bloke on the far right has a Scavengers body, Mercenary arms and a head from the Perry Afghans sprue. I painted him to vaguely go with the bandit-type guys I've been making: he seems to be the unit sniper.

What shall I paint next? More of these guys? Probably!


*


If you like Mordheim or Assassin's Creed, check out my Dark Renaissance novels HERE


2 comments:

  1. I love seeing you throw all these cool figures together. I pulled out a pile of sprues a few months ago; but they are still sitting there...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's always fun to wade in and make things from random sprues! I strongly recommend it!

      Delete