Sunday 15 October 2023

And Now With Backdrops

 A very quick post here. A friend of mine backed a Kickstarter for two books by the artist Jon Hodgson and gave them both to me (thanks Ruth!). They're sets of backgrounds for photographing fantasy and science fiction miniatures.




I had a go at using the backgrounds to photograph some models. They're slightly rubbish photos but I think the backdrops look really nice. I can even put little captions on the pictures, White Dwarf style!


The Red Coated League claims another minor planet

High up on a gantry, an android patrol is surprised by a desperate bandit

Deep in the hive city, a psyker warns the militia not to touch his bike

Cool, eh? Here is a fantasy version.



Wild woodlanders raid the decadent city.
.


If you'd like a copy of these books, you can get them HERE.


4 comments:

  1. Oh, wow, that looks great, I may have to have a look at it!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, the background books are definitely worth a look!

      Delete
  2. They are great! I thought about getting a set, but shipping to the states has been killing my wallet. I may need to consider again. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks! I'm surprised there aren't more books like this. I've seen people make backdrops out of basic terrain. Perhaps that might work?

    ReplyDelete