Sunday 29 October 2023

Second To Nun - More Sisters of Sigmar

 Here are some more Sisters of Sigmar for Mordheim. They will be joining the augur that I made last week. These models are all from the defunct game Wrath of Kings, slightly converted so that they're all carrying hammers. This basically involved swapping some hands around.

I used cork for the bases, and added skulls and bits of foliage to make them more interesting. I chose a blue colour scheme because I'm a bit tired of painting off-white (ie brown faded up to bone). 

Unfortunately, the models are made of some crappy resin-plastic sort of stuff, which attracts mould lines like poo gathers flies. I found it quite hard to work with. It also doesn't hold detail as well as the plastic that North Star or Games Workshop use, so it was very difficult to dot in the eyes on some of the sisters.

That said, I'm pleased with the result. They're probably not filthy and mad enough for Mordheim, but they do have some comically large weapons. 






2 comments:

  1. There are some interesting designs there, but I have to praise you paintjob and how you made them all look coherent. Pretty nice!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are pretty weird miniatures, but then the entire range was very odd. I've got a few more to do but I'm tempted by larger and sillier projects...

      Delete