Sunday 8 October 2023

A Spaceship and Two Sandworms

 I've managed to do something other than just paint more Stargrave people this week. Instead, I had a go at sprucing up a Mantic spaceship that I bought ages ago in a sale. It's not an incredibly detailed model, but it does pretty much what it's meant to do. It was originally sprayed white over grey plastic. A lot of the painting was weathering and dirtying the thing.





Perhaps photographing it against a white background wasn't a brilliant idea...

I also painted two sandworm-like creatures that I got in a couple of sales. They're identical miniatures, made by Privateer Press for Warmachine (or possibly Hordes). I thought they'd make good big alien beasts for Stargrave (assuming that I ever stop painting for long enough to play it). I painted them bright red, as they fit in quite well with the visual style of the retro tyranids that I've been making.


*


If you like Mordheim or Assassin's Creed, check out my Dark Renaissance novels HERE


2 comments:

  1. The ship is definitely ace, I love that model and I thik you made an amazing job. The same goes for the snakes, they look so menacing! I love them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I find that Privateer Press models can be very hit and miss, but they do have some really cool sculpts.

      Delete