Wednesday 28 June 2023

Troll Number One

 Having been ill, and having saved a few train fares from not going to work, I thought I was entitled to a present. So, I splashed out on some Warhammer trolls - or, as they say in Age of Sigmar, Rockgut Troggoths. 

These are lovely models. You get three lower bodies, three necks, six upper bodies and nine heads. All are really well sculpted, and have a dim, goofy menace that I really like. They've got loads of great details. One of the bodies has a bag of rocks on his hip, for throwing or eating. Another is about to hurl a chunk of a dwarven statue. My favourite detail, though, is the troll head which is wearing a bird's nest as a hat. If you use the right head with the right set of arms, the birds can be just about to eat a worm dangling off the rock that the troll is about to chuck. Brilliant.

Anyhow, I assembled one of the trolls without any conversion. He was a real pleasure to paint. I've not put him on his final base, as I ordered some textured ones and they've not arrived yet. Here he is.





2 comments:

  1. Oh, I didn't know of this mini (or the whole kit), it looks terrific! Pretty nice work, I do love the result!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers - it's a really nice kit and I've wanted to get it for ages. Being ill somehow justified that!

      Delete