Sunday 11 June 2023

Mordheim Humans Redux

 This week, I've not started anything new, but I thought I'd go back over some old Mordheim humans and improve them a bit. It's been insanely hot (at least, by UK standards) and commencing a whole new project just felt like too much effort!

First up, we've got the valiant Sir Vaylance the Vigilant. He was based on a plastic chaos warrior's body, with legs from a chaos cultist (and a lot of green stuff). His shield and helmet are Bretonnian, and his sword is from an Empire wizard.

On the right is King Henry VIII (presumably a young, non-fat version). He's got six wives and two guns. He's made from Empire plastic bits: body from a gunner, head from a soldier and arms from the excellent pistoleers kit.



Next up are two lowly soldiers. Both are based on Frostgrave soldier bodies, but the archer has a Frostgrave female wizard head, and boots that I took off a metal Privateer Press model ages ago. Putting her together was fiddly and difficult, and I can't remember why I did it. Still, they both look quite good.




And here's an ogre mercenary! He was made from Blood Bowl parts, with a Greatsword weapon and a shield from a Sigmarine. The crest on his head was from a building piece, I think. I'm pleased with the dirty, tarnished feel of his armour.




4 comments:

  1. Oh, I remember some of them, but I think I missed the Ogre, and I think he looks menacing and awesome!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks - He's slightly smaller than fantasy ogres, but much more dynamic. Some of those new Blood Bowl models are awesome!

      Delete
  2. All the figures look great, but that ogre is something else!

    (it also nicely illustrates how huge sigmarines are!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers! I really like doing ogre-sized models. They're a nice mix of detail and chonk!

      Delete