Thursday 27 January 2022

Raging Annies

 One of the problems with painting an army (even a very small one which I'm very unlikely to ever use as such) is that I get a bit tired of painting the same colours and styles. So, I thought I'd dig out some random models from the pile and give them a go.

Here is a slightly odd model. A few years ago, the shop Dice Bag Lady ran a kickstarter. I backed it and one of the models I got was "Raging Annie". I think it's a Kev Adams sculpt, and I'm pretty sure that it's a sort-of sculpture of the proprietor of the shop. That's odd considering the miniature, but it's a very good model and, well, distinctive. 

I really enjoyed painting this: I went for a range of colours to match her somewhat random selection of kit. I was able to get quite a bit of detail onto it, including Tank Girl-style striped trousers. I would like to be immortalised in lead one day, although I might skip the tutu. 




For some reason (I think I either pressed the wrong button or the Kickstarter messed up) I ended up with two of this model. I painted the other copy of the model a couple of years ago, as a gang leader for a game of Necromunda. I'm going to put the earlier model here to see if I've improved at all. The answer seems to be "very slightly".








4 comments:

  1. I think I can see some evolution, but both of them are really good renditions of the same model. I like them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cool! I love that blue armor of the second one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great work on the models. I was definitely feeling the tank girl vibes!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cheers guys, it was a very enjoyable model to paint, with a lot of character. Nice to do something that isn't part of an army, and for once to make a very small dent in the lead pile!

    ReplyDelete