Monday 3 January 2022

Troll Wizard

 Happy new year! Let's hope this one is better than the last.

For my first miniature of the year, I took out a conversion that I'd had lying around for ages, and got to work on finishing it.

Years back, I got a Mantic zombie troll necromancer as part of a kickstarter. The original model looks like this:




I'd tried to paint it several years ago, but I'd not been happy with the results. I thought I'd try to paint this creature as a normal troll, to go with my family of big blue monsters.

First, I filed down some of the more ragged wounds and filled them with DAS clay.



Then I added an old head from a GW river troll that I had lying around, and used green stuff to make a nose for it. It's a cool head, with teeth like a bear trap.



Then I painted it. Maybe I should lighten the skin on the face, especially the nose.




I really like this guy! I think he fits well with the rest of the trolls. He's probably the brains of the group (comparatively). I imagine that he can do some primitive magic, tapping into whatever crude power the troll gods provide (it probably involves farting).

Here are the others:






5 comments:

  1. Fantastic conversion work on the Troll! He makes a fine addition to your Trollish warband!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey! *That* is original! I love how that beast looks! :O

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks - I think the head works with the body. I don't really like the stuff the Mantic models are made out of, so I'm glad to have made something useful out of it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great result of the repaint!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That troll looks fantastic! Great work on both the conversion and the painting. Fits in with his "family" perfectly!

    ReplyDelete