Sunday 18 December 2016

On the Razzle with H.P. Lovecraft

So, it's nearly Christmas, and things are busy. I haven't been doing very much painting, although I finished off a model barman from Black Scorpion's Wild West range, Tombstone. All their models are really well sculpted and full of character. This guy looks rather like the 1920s horror novelist H.P. Lovecraft. I can imagine what ordering a drink in H.P. Lovecraft's bar would be like:

"I gazed in arcane terror at the strange liquor that the grave-silent barman slid across the eons-aged oak of the bar. From what abominable vats it had been blended, I knew not, and cannot say.

The barman, if he was truly such, spoke only one word in a dread, ponderous tone: 'Imbibe'. 

With tremulous fingers I raised the chalice to my parched lips, dreading the noxious touch of the ill-mixed, hybrid elixir within. Heaven protect me from the memory of that dread cocktail! It was... A MAN(hattan)!"

"If your name's not in the Necronomicon, you can't come in."

I've done a bit more work on the genestealer hybrids. I reckon that I might as well get my money's worth out of this kit, so I've done a couple of leg and body swaps. Here is a heavy weapons guy. I made him a lower half out of green stuff and the legs of an old eldar scout. It should work with the idea that the more inhuman genestealers wear robes to hide their strange, spindly legs.



And finally, I've partly assembled and undercoated a Wolsung Gigantic Golem. I bought this ages ago in an online sale. I intend to finish it off over the festive period. He's resin and fantastically sculpted. Almost all the joints are poseable, and he comes with loads of spare parts, so you can assemble him in tons of ways. It's like a steampunk version of an artist's mannequin, except less terrifying.

It looks like this, when assembled and painted by someone other than me.



And on that rather scrappy note, I am going to bid you Merry Christmas. Thank you for reading so far, and I hope Christmas brings you all the little model people you've ever wanted.



No comments:

Post a Comment