Sunday 28 January 2024

Exodite Dragon Knight 4

 The fourth Exodite dragon knight was the most involved conversion so far. Again I dismantled and stripped my earlier conversion, and built it again. However, this time I made new legs and a few other improvements.

The dragon was unconverted, although its left foot had snapped off at the ankle and had to be pinned and tidied up with green stuff. 

The new legs came from a plastic Eldar Guardian. They had to be cut down and considerably repositioned to make them sit properly on the dragon. This was a right pain. I sculpted some stirrups, which helped hide some of the worst of my work.




The upper body came from an old metal scout, and the head was from the Dark Elf rider who I cut up to make the standard bearer a couple of weeks ago. This particular model had a sniper rifle slung over his back, which wouldn't fit. I cut away the butt of the rifle and most of its barrel.

Then came the difficult job of extending the coat with green stuff to cover the legs. Ugh. I also made some ruined steps for the base out of plasticard.



I added a weird sensor to the model's back, to sit in the place where the rifle had been. The sensor top was made from a random Eldar sensor from some gun crew, and the length of it was made out of an old Dark Eldar gun barrel. This is clearly the comms officer.

Painting this guy wasn't especially complex, but it just seemed to go on and on. I suppose there's a lot of detail on him.





Here are all four of the riders.



Incidentally, I see that I've got a couple of new followers. That's extremely rare on this blog, so thanks for following! I hope it's entertaining!




6 comments:

  1. That's a lot of work, but it clearly paid off!! Fantastic!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great conversion! Absolutely worth the work. Love how these lads are coming together!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheer - just one more to go and the squad is done...

      Delete
  3. Brilliant! Worth the effort - what a great result!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks very much! By the way, your 2nd Ed Eldar are terrific. For some reason (probably my tech skills) it's hard to post comments on your blog.

      Delete