Tuesday 9 August 2022

Eldar Dreadnought and more Guardians

 This week, I've been painting a few more Eldar. I started with a very old dreadnought. I went with the usual colours, but for a change I painted his head green and faded it up to blue at the back. He was based on a Sedition Wars base. I really like the model, but it's amusing that in the year 40,000, the wise Eldar build huge robots and send them out to punch the enemy to death.





I also painted some more plastic guardians. They're not bad sculpts, but the definition on the casting is quite soft, and it's hard to tell where some of the armour begins and ends. I tried using a thin purple wash, which I'm not sure I like. One of the models - a woman - has a Dark Eldar head, but otherwise they're unconverted.



They're quite enjoyable to do, but for models that are pretty much one colour, they're surprisingly tricky to paint.



2 comments:

  1. Well I can notice, particularly on the Dreadnought, that you made quite an impressive job with the shades and hues. Pretty smooth and nice transitions, I love what you did :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks - I think the eldar are quite a tricky army to paint, as there's so much flat surface. I'm relieved that it came out ok - I've only got 2 more dreadnoughts to do!

      Delete