Tuesday 14 June 2022

I'm on Instagram! (and here are two more marines)

In a feeble attempt to use modern technology, be down with the kids etc, I've joined Instagram! If you want to see pictures of some of my better models, along with stuff to do with my writing and even me, I'm on tobyfrostauthor. 

*

In the meantime, I've painted a couple more space marines. Nothing terribly exciting here, although they're both quite old "middlehammer" figures. The first is a Space Wolf Long Fangs sergeant, or was until he joined my chapter. 

This guy is unconverted. He was a pleasant model to paint and, although the lead looked rather old, the detail was crisp and struck a good balance between too much and too little. He was missing the top of his axe when I got him, but luckily I had a metal axe-head lying around and it fitted really well. I quite like the way that it came out.




The next chap is a rank-and-file metal body, with plastic arms. I wanted to keep him quite "open" as I like the armour he's wearing, so I gave him a raised gun and a scanner. Back in the days, it was standard to use the left hand "gun-supporting" arm to hold a scanner. I painted some little lines on the scanner, to suggest a needle and some markings. I'm not sure what the flames on his knee mean, if anything.




That's all for now, although I've got some more marines lined up, and some very old termagants...

4 comments:

  1. More Knightly marines! They look great! You'll have an army soon!

    I was going to buy some termagants, missed the sale though. Interested to see what you do with them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm getting there, although I doubt it would make much sense (or even be game-legal at all)! There's a lot of blokes with power swords!

      Old metal tyranids are pretty silly-looking, but I rather like the termagants. The plastic boxed set were some of the earliest miniatures I ever bought!

      Delete
  2. Cool work on both. I think the flames on the second one are there because the mini is from the Legion of the Damned ranges. Those guys in black with flames and skulls. Look for them, they are pretty cool

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks - that didn't occur to me, as he's otherwise not very skull-covered. I've had him for so long I've no idea where he came from! The Legion are pretty cool models, although they go for crazy prices. I reckon they'd look awesome with a ghostly green paint scheme.

      Delete