Friday 24 December 2021

Two More Marines

 Jut a quick one, this, as it's nearly Christmas day. I painted a couple more marines. The chap on the right is a Space Wolf miniature, but I thought that his helmet and outfit would work fine as a junior member of my own knightly chapter. It's not really possible to make out here, but he's got a cut in his helmet just above the left eye, as if someone's hit him with a big weapon. It's a nice sculpt.

The bloke on the left is another of the Masters of the Chapter models. I replaced the head with a Grey Knights helmet. The original left arm held a bolter, but was angled across the body and hid a lot of the detail, so I replaced it with a more standard arm holding a bolt pistol, which I think works much better. Two decent miniatures that I enjoyed painting a lot.




Happy Christmas, everyone!

4 comments:

  1. Great additions! I really love how these marines are scifi, yet very much medieval inspired! Really enjoying seeing this force progress.

    Merry Christmas Toby!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice ones, but I lost count by now of your Space Marine force, I'm in need of family shots!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think I've got just over 20 marines now. It's not a big force, and it's all infantry so far, although I'd like to make the equivalent of one of those Space Wolf knights on a giant wolf. Marines have a big medieval influence to start with, so it's often a matter of just picking the right models and extras. I'd like to do some group photos, but my camera is even worse when photographing groups!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very nice, especially the Captain!

    ReplyDelete