Tuesday 11 September 2018

A Few Eldar More

Here are a few more members of the Eldar squad. The first is another metal combat drone. This model is at least 25 years old, but I think it's still pretty cool.




The second two are based on Privateer Press Scyrah models. The first was converted to hold a modified Dark Eldar rifle, which was bloody fiddly. The second was given a left arm from an Empire spearman. I also cut the decidedly odd boob-plates off her armour and sculpted her a smooth chestplate from green stuff.


Again I went with a vaguely cyberpunk painting style, livening up the outfits with red details and trying to keep it as clean as possible.


I've given them unusual hair colours (at least, the ones who actually have hair) to make them distinct and to go with the futuristic style.




I'm actually not sure how many of these guys you'd have in a Kill Team squad, but six seems a decent number so far. I've also got some old dwarves to do for Frostgrave and a group of security guys based off Imperial Guard models for the town. It's a busy life painting little metal men!

5 comments:

  1. Great conversions Toby! I like your smooth blue painting skills too mate. I haven't got a kill team yet, but I have a few friends who are getting right into it. I think I'll be joining in as it progresses.

    Cool stuff mate :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers! The blue was a bit time-consuming but I think it suits the Eldar look to shade it a bit more. It's not something I find easy and it took a long while! So what're you painting at the minute?

      Delete
    2. Bugger all. I'm about to help my son put together his first SM kit. Can't believe how many bits they come with now. I'm experiencing one of those "back in my day" moments :D

      I've got a few conversions on the go though, another RT Troll, Land Raider and an old RT SM Character. That should keep me busy for a while.

      Till next time mate :)

      Delete
  2. Those combat drones are also great as knights in Epic 40k. Good paintjob!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good plan - I really like the old 40k knights as well! Thanks!

      Delete