The green stripey guy uses a pattern taken straight from WD 137. The chap with the blue, yellow and checkered heraldry is based on a knight in WD 138, although I've simplified the heraldry a bit because it was incongrously complex compared to the rest of the unit. As I said in the previous post, painting and building these models is a slightly awkward process, because it's easier to paint the inside of the barding and the horse's legs before sticking it together and smoothing down the joins with milliput. But it is nice when they're finished.
This last chap is wearing heraldry taken from WD 138, simplified to stop me going mad. The woven pattern is straight from the original, but I used a white cross on the red quarters instead of the complicated freehand lion heads in the GW version. I just can't paint that well. Anyhow, he was complicated enough without that, and I really like the final version.
That brings this unit up to nine knights. Pretty good! However, I want to make a leader, and I've got a model that will do the job. I just need a break from painting heraldry. Maybe the space orks can help...



No comments:
Post a Comment