Monday 11 December 2023

Archira Pt 2

 Having built the chassis of the jetbike, it was time to make a rider. I had the upper body of a warlock left over from a conversion, and some Guardian legs that would fit onto the bike.

Unfortunately, they didn't fit. It took a lot of cutting and mucking about to get them to sit on the bike properly. I had to make him some new kneepads, which were a bit too big, but never mind.

Then I added some arms. The one holding the handlebars is from a recent Dark Eldar trooper. The one raised in the air is from an ancient Dark Eldar. I'm not sure where the sword came from, but it was in the bits box and seemed to work.

I sculpted an open robe/coat on the rider, being pushed back by the speed of his bike. This was... daunting. One side is much better than the other, but I'm not going to say which! The handlebars were made of bent paper clip wire, fleshed out with green stuff.






And now for some paint!




This is the whole thing so far:




I like it, but I can't help thinking that it needs something... more. Maybe some detailing on the canopy would help?

4 comments:

  1. well that is a great conversion... I do think it needs something. Either a ruddy huge banner blowing out the back, or a canopy art piece.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I agree, something else is needed. I'm leaning towards canopy art, as banners aren't really my thing.

      Delete
  2. Splendid! The conversion isseamless, the coat transmits dynamism and the whole thing is gorgeous! I concur, a banner would look great, and maybe some runes or something on the jetbike itself.
    I love this

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I'll have a think, but I reckon I'm going to have to bite the bullet and paint something on the front!

      Delete