Saturday 13 June 2020

Warhound Titan and two Lake Town Houses

This week, I had a go at one of my warhound scout titans. The idea of a scout titan is slightly odd: I'm not sure that being half the size of a normal titan counts for much when you are clearly about 50 times bigger than a man. I doubt that you can sneak up on very much. Still, I rather like the old miniature, and it was fun and easy to paint.



Just to show that I've shaded its red bits:



I've always liked the look of the Lake Town Houses from the Lord of the Rings game. They're fairly simple, decent sculpts which fit the rough vaguely-Tudor style that I've been going for with the rest of my buildings. I bought one off Games Workshop, and another from my friend James (thanks James!).

I didn't attempt anything very fancy with them: they were easy to paint and came up looking nice in basic colours. GW have an interesting faded-paint effect on their ones, but I wasn't confident about pulling it off, so opted for unpainted wood.

This one is the luxury variant, complete with gabled window and glass.




This one is a bit less elaborate, but it has its own "outhouse" - ie a dunny.


As I say, nothing very amazing, but they'll fit in nicely with the rest of my terrain and fill up the board quite well.

No comments:

Post a Comment