Monday 13 November 2023

Nun Shall Pass!

 And now for something completely different... Well, not completely, since it's the last members of the Sisters of Sigmar warband. I decided to make a larger, more imposing sister to lead the unit.

For this, I used a Novitiate Superior model from the Sisters of Battle Neophyte squad. I took off a few sci-fi details and gave her an double-handed weapon from the Frostgrave female barbarian sprue. It took quite a bit of trimming. I replaced her original backpack with a steampunk-style burner and a symbol from the staff of a Sigmarine wizard person, symbolising the comet of Sigmar.

She's joined by a small mascot-type being that was left over from a set of similar beings that I bought from Raging Heroes ages ago. 




And here's the whole unit. They're weird, but they look good together. 








6 comments:

  1. Absolutely lovely work on the Sisters of Sigmar!

    They look like a really cohesive warband and the paintwork and bases are brilliant.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks very much! I tried out some new basing techniques and colours on these guys, so I'm glad to see that they've come out okay!

      Delete
  2. Excellent work on the whole gang, and the "hat" of the sister superior is just perfect. (and also shows just how large the sigmarines are!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers! An ork once said that you could tell which human was in charge because of their huge hat! I do wish they hadn't made marines and sigmarines so big, though.

      Delete
  3. Clearly the icing of the cake. Fantastic conversion and paintjob, I love how they all look as a group.

    ReplyDelete